On Monday, June 29, 2020 the Kenyon Public Library moved to Phase 3.5 of the Covid-19 Re-Opening Plan. Phase 3.5 allows the library to operate under the following guidelines:
- Patrons limit their time in the library to ten (10) minutes or less
- Maximum of 15 people will be allowed in the library at the same time
- Only two (2) public computers will be available for public use
- In-person programming may resume in outdoor areas
- High-touch items from the children’s area have been removed
- Interior library door will be propped open to avoid contact with the handle
- Hand sanitizer will be available for public use
- Masks are encouraged but not required for patrons and staff
- Please stay home if you do not feel well
Curbside service will still be offered for those that would like to continue to utilize this service. We encourage our vulnerable patrons to continue to use this service during this time.
Regular service hours are Monday, Wednesday, and Friday 10 am to 4:30 pm and Tuesday and Thursday 10 am to 6:30 pm.
Daily delivery from select SELCO libraries has resumed as well.
Now that the library is re-open, library fines and 2-week lending periods will be enforced. We will no longer be automatically extending due dates on checked out library materials.
All library materials can be returned in the drop box located on the front of the library.
You can still access e-books and e-audiobooks using the mobile apps Libby and OverDrive. If you do not have a library card you can get an instant digital card through the apps.
Kenyon Public Library will operate in Phase 3.5 of our re-opening plan until at least July 21, 2020 at which time the library board will re-assess the situation at their regular monthly board meeting.
If you have questions or concerns, please call the library at 507-789-6821 or email Michelle at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your patience during this unprecedented time! Hope you all stay well!
Michelle Otte, Director
Kenyon Public Library